The Government Contract Administrator will be responsible for monitoring the DOD bid service boards to identify products that the company can provide as an authorized distributor, quote and order in accordance with the contract requirements, and ensure bid quotes are submitted prior to solicitation deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of customer service or government DOD experience
- Basic understanding of military contracts, revisions, and deviations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor DOD bid board daily to identify product to quote, review all details in the bid solicitation to assure understanding of all requirements. monitor bid results and post results to the company database for future use.
- Contact vendors for special price quotes and pricing options.
- Contact packaging services to determine costs to package product to solicitation requirements.
- Utilize historical database to review the pricing on previously awarded contracts.
- Perform electronic government invoicing using government WAWF systems.
- Regularly communicate and meet with government inspection officials.
- Consult with senior management on contracts that require substantial cash outlay or small ROI.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining personal networks.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior Government or DOD contract/bid experience
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment with some exposure to industrial shop environments
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Job Type: Full time