Scott Industrial Systems is a large fluid power/motion control distributor providing engineered solutions for Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, western Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee. We are currently seeking an Assembly Technician for our Solutions group in Dayton, Ohio. We distribute products from the world’s leading fluid power equipment manufacturers, including Eaton/Vickers, Parker, and over 40 others. We are a privately held business with nearly 100 employees that has been in business for 73 years.
Position Summary: The Assembly Technician’s primary responsibilities include the timely and efficient assembly, testing, and inspection of manifolds, valves, interchanges, and kitting projects. This position requires an individual with a strong hands-on, mechanical background. Teamwork and communications skills are vital to collaborate with all departments within the company.
• Work with value-add (VA) management to create and accomplish a daily production schedule as needed to meet promised deliveries.
• Follow established schematics, drawings, Bills of Materials (BOM), and technical instructions as required to produce a correctly manufactured assembly, kit, or interchange.
• Use experience and training to identify and correct potential errors with all assemblies.
• Participate in all technical training as needed to keep current with products and specifications.
• Contribute to the growth and profitability of the Solutions department and the company by contributing time and talent in support of other departments as needed.
• Work with the Solutions design team to review projects as requested. This includes the inspection of BOMs for manifolds, valves, and other kitting projects.
• Provide technical input and inspection support for Solutions projects.
• Ability to follow direction and request assistance when needed throughout construction process.
• Ability to successfully prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma (Tech or vocational education a plus)
• 2 – 5 years of mechanical work experience
• Provide your own basic hand tools
Scott Industrial Systems offers competitive compensation package and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, plus a 401k plan with company matching.